Benefits of this Firmware Update Reduced tendency to highlight blowouts and "blooming" in overexposed long - exposure shots. Several bugs fixed.* If your camera firmware version is 126.96.36.1992 or earlier then, it is recommended that you update the firmware in your camera to version 188.8.131.522.
How to install
SD9 Firmware Update v2.0 (build 1642) -- Installation via CF-card Copy It is also possible to upgrade your SD9 firmware via CF card. If you do not have a Firewire (1394) interface, and are having trouble updating your SD9 firmware via a USB connection, then we recommend you to update your SD9 camera by this alternative update method. Please follow these steps.
- 1: Please read the license agreement, and if you accept it, please click the button below to download the firmware file to anywhere in your computer's HDD.
- 2: Using any kind of CF-card reader/writer attached to your computer, drag or copy the downloaded file "UpdateSD9Prod.upd" to an empty CF card, at top level ("root" level -- NOT inside an "IMAGES" folder).
- 3: Put the CF card into your SD9 camera (NOT connected to a computer), and turn the SD9 on.
- 4: Wait about 40 seconds for the red LED to turn off.
- 5: To verify your camera's firmware version after update, please follow this sequence of steps:
a. Choose the 'Menu' button on the back of the camera (to the left of the LCD screen)
b. Select the top menu item "Camera Info...".
c. Depress the right arrow on the 4-Way Controller.
d. Depress the bottom arrow on the 4-Way Controller and verify that it says "Digital: 184.108.40.2062 Release" instead of your old firmware number.
Firmware Update FAQ
What is Firmware Updater software and what is Firmware?
The Firmware Updater Software is a downloadable computer program, which will update the firmware in your Sigma SD9. The firmware is a program, which runs inside the camera and controls its operation.
By running the Updater Software you will install the new firmware in the camera.
To verify your camera's current firmware version, please follow this sequence of steps:
1: Turn on your camera.
2: Choose the ‘Menu’ button on the back of the camera (to the left of the LCD screen)
3: Select the top menu item “Camera Info...”.
4: Depress the right arrow on the 4-Way Controller.
5: Depress the bottom arrow on the 4-Way Controller. This will give you a screen that lists different versions of programs loaded on the camera. If the "Digital:" is 220.127.116.112 or earlier, you should download this new version and update your camera.
There is a license agreement you will have to agree to before you can download the program. This license agreement must be agreed by you, before you will be allowed to download, install and use this program.UpdateSD9Prod.upd (1.42 MB)