The new mount converter enhancing
the extensibility of the L-Mount system.
The SIGMA MOUNT CONVERTER MC-21 allows SIGMA SA mount and SIGMA’s CANON EF mount interchangeable lens owners to use their lens investment on L-Mount camera bodies. The converter allows more freedom of choice for L-Mount cameras, enhancing the extensibility of the L-Mount system.
Effective use of lens investment
* SIGMA’s CANON EF mount compatible lens
Attaching the MC-21 to your collection of SIGMA SA mount and SIGMA’s CANON EF mount compatible lenses* allows them to be used as L-Mount system lenses, promoting the effective use of valuable lenses already owned.
* See the list of compatible lenses below.
44 interchangeable lenses available
to be used for L-Mount cameras
The MC-21 increases the number of interchangeable lenses manufactured by SIGMA that can be used with the L-Mount system by 44 lenses. Compatible with the autocrop function, mounting APS-C size image circle DC lenses to a camera body equipped with a 35mm full size sensor still allows immediate use for shooting.
Green light: the lens is compatible
Orange light:the lens is compatible but requires firmware update
Not lighting up: the lens is not compatible
Whether the mounted lens is compatible or not is instantly visible from the color and the on/off of the MC-21’s built-in LED. The LED also notifies the user when a lens firmware update is available.
Lens data is pre-loaded
Running the data pre-loaded in the MC-21 for each lens by the special control program, autofocus and aperture control have been optimized. Regarding lenses to be released in the future, data for operating these lenses via the MC-21 will be stored in the lens. It means no firmware updates of the MC-21 will be required to use those new lenses. In addition, the MC-21 also supports correction functions of camera such as peripheral illumination, chromatic aberration of magnification, and distortion.
Fast and accurate auto focus
High precision AF photography in AF-S mode is achieved.
Note: Not compatible with AF-C mode.
The inside surface of the barrel is covered with flocking to eliminate internal reflections.
To prevent a reduction in lens performance due to internal reflections, the inside surface of the barrel is covered with flocking.
Comes with a tripod socket
Equipped with a socket for attaching the tripod*. Lenses not equipped with a tripod socket can be used by mounting the tripod to the MC-21.
* The tool supplied makes attaching/detaching possible.
Inclusion in Exif data
Information such as lens type, focal length, F number, and other tags are embedded as Exif data in each image file.
Notice on usage of the SIGMA Mount Converter MC-21 when it is used in combination with Panasonic’s LUMIX S1, LUMIX S1R, and LUMIX S1H
- Only AF-S works in Autofocus Mode. AF-C cannot be selected.
- The Auto continuous operation cannot be used during video shooting.
- Touch AF cannot be used.
- With lenses incorporating MO (Manual Override), operation in manual mode is possible only after focusing.
- MF guide is not available.
- The image stabilization function inside the camera body and the lens cannot be used simultaneously. Please ensure one of these is selected.
- The AF Function Button and the Focus Preset Button incorporated on some lenses cannot be used.
Compatibility with other cameras
- Cannot be used with Leica cameras (SL, CL, T, TL, TL2) released before the announcement of the L-Mount Alliance.
MOUNT CONVERTER MC-21
The SIGMA MOUNT CONVERTER MC-21 allows SIGMA SA mount and SIGMA’s CANON EF mount interchangeable lens owners to use their lens investment on L-Mount camera bodies.
- Barcode No.
Canon EF mount
- Barcode No.
MOUNT CONVERTER MC-21
SIGMA MOUNT CONVERTER MC-21 (Manuals)